Overview of Ingenium
Ingenium is the flagship engineering competition conducted by QuEST Global. It's an endeavour to provide platform for the budding innovators / engineers of different streams of engineering. The projects accepted in Ingenium are of the eight primary domains, such as Mechanical, Aerospace, Industrial, Embedded, Mechatronics, Power Generation, Healthcare and Automobile. The selected top projects of earlier years have also won several accolades in NASSCOM and other national and International platforms.
Starting from 2011, the number of registrations for Ingenium is increasing in multi-fold every year. In FY 14-15, we have received more than 2000 registrations from 23 states and 262 colleges. This indicates that Ingenium has become one of the primary national forums for the engineering student fraternity to showcase their talent. QuEST believes that through this initiative, we can not only build passion for innovation amongst the student community across academic institutions in India, but also use this as a platform to attract top talent from all level of colleges to QuEST. This year the top 200 teams will be offered to join through QuEST Recruitment process.
The students from the shortlisted top 10 colleges / institutions, along with their Guides will be sponsored to visit QuEST and present their project in the Gala Final Event to the panel of judges drawn from Academic institutions and Industries. Apart from huge cash prize, Winner team will be sponsored by Airbus to travel to UK, Airbus facility. We are also proud to inform that last 4 years; Ingenium was honoured by eminent personalities from various industries.
- Ingenium 2011 was honoured by Chief Guest Mr. G Madhavan Nair; Chairman, Indian Space Research Organisation (ISRO)
- Ingenium 2012 was honoured by Chief Guest Mr. Dilip Chabaria (DC), the famous Automobile designer
- Ingenium 2013 was honoured by Chief Guest Dr. Matthew Orchard, VP and Head of Engineering Wing, Airbus and Mr. Samay Kohli, CEO and Co-founder at Grey Orange Robotics Pvt. Ltd.
- Ingenium 2014 was honoured by Chief Guest:
- The 'Lal Bahadur Shastri National Award' winner Dr. Tessy Thomas. She is Project Director for Agni-IV missile in DRDO. She is the first woman scientist to head a missile project in India.
- Andrew Ullathorne, Head of Engineering Enablement of Airbus